PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 60 mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- 2 to 3 medium (7″ to 7-7/8″ long) very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup (76g) butter, unsalted or salted, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (205g) all-purpose flour
Lemon Flavored Madeleines Cookies
The 10 ingredients:
The madeleine batter
- Unsalted butter
- Butter adds rich flavor and moist texture.
- Lemon zest
- The aroma of lemon gets enhanced by adding the zest.
- Granulated sugar
- It gives more depth in flavor.
- It helps to keep madeleine moist. It also helps to caramelize the surface more.
- Whole eggs
- Cake flour
- It gives a more delicate, soft texture.
- Baking powder
- Baking powder is needed since we do not whip eggs for this recipe.
- Lemon juice
- Preferably use fresh lemon juice.